Thursday, August 17, 2017

Adris

Firbolg Druid (Moon)

Adris… Even after 200-something-years, the name given to him by the Elves tasted odd in his mouth. Names are an odd thing, not used by the Firbolg. The children of the forest are named by their actions and deeds… Not something random chosen at birth. 

But outside the forest, that’s the name he used to present himself to the other inhabitants of this world. He used it a lot these days, as he traveled across Faerûn. He travelled by order of his tribe’s elders, looking for the cause of chaos in this world. 

His entire tribe was on the move, forced to flee from their green glades by neighbouring Fire Giants cutting down their trees for their forges. They had never done so in the past, they had always used their cavernous heats or magic, only occasionally taking dead wood for their campfires, which the Firbolg gladly allowed. 

But now they came in force, taking down trees at their whim, some even older than the Eldest of Adris' tribe. Every attempt to talk to the Giants was met with agression and violence. So they fled and Adris was sent out to see if the other races in this world where having similar problems and what was causing these.

3 comments:

  1. I love this Firbolg image! Is there a way I can use this image as my icon in my roll20 game? I would be sure to credit the creater, but I don't know who that is.
    Thank you in advance and no worries if you'd rather I not use the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea where the player found it, so I guess you can go right ahead and use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Delazar! If I ever figure out the artist, I'll come back and post it,

    ReplyDelete